|German Shepherd Dog Club of America Breeder's Code
1. To maintain the best possible standards of health and care in my kennels.
2. To refuse to sell to or recommend unethical breeders and unethical dog wholesalers or retailers, nor to sell to any buyer where I have reason to believe that the puppy or dog will not be properly cared for.
3. To keep and pass on to the buyers of puppies or adult dogs accurate health, breeding registration and pedigree records. Papers may be withheld or breeder's rights retained only by mutual agreement in writing.
4. To clearly state to the buyer of adult dog, whether sale is of a showable or pet (as designated by bills of sale referred to in section 7) or other type.
5. To urge all buyers to have a puppy or adult dog, sold by me, examined by a licensed veterinarian within 24 hours of receipt. Said examination to be paid for by buyer as previously agreed.
6. To deliver or ship only puppies or adult dogs of sound health and temperament. Where the buyer or his authorized representative did not personally see and choose the puppy or adult dog shipped by me, a period of 24 hours is granted to advise of the final decision and an additional 24 hours is provided if dog is to be returned.
7. To use a sales contract or written agreement to cover any sale or purchase involving a dog. The sales contract offered by the German Shepherd Dog Club of America, Inc., which covers guarantees and agreements, or one similar to it, must be used with a signed copy to each party involved. A 4 generation pedigree must be given by the seller to the buyer at time of sale. The buyer should be informed that a certified pedigree may be obtained from the American Kennel Club, for a fee.
8. To refuse stud service to any bitch I consider in poor health. At time of breeding an exchange of pedigrees must be made.
9. To allow one repeat stud service where a bitch has failed to conceive after being bred to one of my studs, if the stud is still in good health and available, and at such a time and place as mutually agreed by the owner of the bitch and myself.
BREEDER'S CODE DEFINITIONS OF QUALITY OF DOG SOLD
PET: companion animal purebred and A.K.C. registerable, that is sold as a pet with no warranty that the dog will be show quality or breeding stock.
SHOWABLE: A puppy or adult that goes beyond and above the definition of a pet dog. This animal must be free of all disqualifying faults. This dog is in no way guaranteed to win in the show ring unless this is agreed to in writing in this contract at the time of execution. It is understood that with proper care on the part of the buyer, in due time the dog should be of acceptable temperament and structure and should embody the basic standard of the Breed.
SHOW: An animal that has all the qualifications of showable plus being one that, with proper training, nutrition, environment, and proper handling, can and should win in the conformation ring. If there are any further guarantees they must be in writing.
This Site Designed and Developed by Blatant Exposure
© 1997 All Rights Reserved. Joli's German Shepherd Dogs, Whistledown Kennel.